Affiliation: University of Karachi (UoK)
Duration of Program: 04-year degree program based on semester system.
- Cardiovascular Sciences (CVS) – Cardiovascular professionals work with cardiac physicians to assist in providing treatment, monitoring, diagnosing patients with cardiac problems and interventional cardiac catheterization labs in acute care hospitals, electrophysiology and echocardiography. Students study of heart and its function, blood vessels in human beings, cardiac disorders and diseases associated with cardiovascular systems. The students are taught and trained invasive and non-invasive cardiac diagnostics, therapeutic and preventive techniques used in cardiovascular sciences and its application in clinical and healthcare settings
- Cardiac Perfusion Sciences (CPS)– The Cardiac Perfusionists are the core member of the open-heart surgery team. Their role is to prepare and operate the heart-lung machine and other complex machinery during cardiovascular surgeries in a highly stressed situation. To perform their task, Perfusionists are taught comprehensive courses to develop an in-depth knowledge of the respiratory and circulatory system. Perfusion Technology involves the study of physiology, pathology and associated equipment used to support and/or assume the function of the heart and/or lungs during medical procedures. Cardiac Perfusionists are not doctors or nurses. Cardiac perfusion is an allied health career.
- Operation Theatre Sciences (OTS)– OT technologists are responsible for direct and indirect patient care, setting up equipment and maintaining operation procedures. They are trained to assist the surgeons during the operation procedure during critical operations and surgeons depend on them for the success of the operation, making for a lucrative career. Operation Theatre Technology course is identified with all the work and management of the operation theatre. The program prepares candidates for managing the patients and in addition to observing the intricate detail of an operation theatre. During the study, the candidates are responsible for caring for all the surgical instruments and additionally their disinfection and sterilization.
Intermediate (Pre-Medical Group) at least 50% marks or equivalent from recognized board.
- Admission application form & processing fee Rs 500/- (non-refundable)
- Admission Fee Rs 15,000/- (non-refundable)
- Security Deposit Rs 10,000/- (refundable)
- Tuition Fee Rs 70,000/- (each semester)
Facilities for Students:
- Initial Medical Checkup at the time of admission
- Library equipped with recent books
- Digital Library with an access to HEC library
- Free Wifi
- Photocopying facility
- Recreational and sports activity
- Community-based activities/project
- Well equipped classroom with computer/multimedia. All classrooms are conditions.
- Well equipped skill lab
- Students will have sufficient facility to hands-on practice under the supervision of highly qualified clinical supervisors.
- Fully equipped computer lab.
Tests and Interview Dates:
- Last Date of Form Submission is 8th December 2018
- Admission Test is on the 10th of December 2018
- Shortlisted Candidates will be notified for Interviews only.
- Classes will commence in January 2019
Office of Allied Health Sciences (AHS) 4th floor, call at 111-844-844 Ext 1434, firstname.lastname@example.org