Our Goal is to achieve standards of the highest quality, trust of the user with a comfortable safe environment for our patients and Staff members.
CSSD 3 Zones
The Central Sterile Services Department is divided into 3 different zones, mainly:
In The Zones
In the first Pink Zone the Instruments, Reusable equipment, and supplies are cleaned and decontaminated by means of manual or mechanical cleaning processes and chemical disinfection. In the second Green Zone, the assembly and packaging area receives the decontaminated items and are then assembled and prepared for sterilization. In the final Blue Zone, all the sterilized items are stored for process and are further issued according to patient care requirements.
Professional Experts in CSSD
At THI the professional experts in the CSSD maintain standards of the highest and consistent level of duties, such as:
- Decontamination, packaging, sterilization
- Distribution of sterile supplies for use in hospital and outdoor
- Educate and advice on matters relating to decontamination and sterilization
- Daily operation logs for decontamination and sterilization equipment
- Validation records for equipment, and for items processed by staff
- Monitor and enforce control necessary to prevent cross infection according to infection control policy
- Stay up to date regarding development in the field in the interest of efficiency, economy, accuracy, and provision.
- To provide a safe environment for the patient and staff
Training and Education
- To provide CSSD training program for one year certificate from Sindh Medical Faculty
- To provide CSSD training program for Two year Diploma from DUHS
- To prepare entire CSSD staff for CRCST/CBSPD exam from the USA
- To prepare multiple CSSD personnel for Certification Locally and IAHCSMM. USA
Schedule of Work
The ten main CSSD job procedures.
1. Check daily Equipment for process Validations
2. Receive Unsterile Instruments from Different Units
3. Washing Drying & Oiling of Instruments
4. Check all Instrument and Linen in order
5. Prepare Instruments set and linen packs accordingly
6. Place Sterilization Indicator inside and outside the sets & packs
7. Label all Sets and Pack with name Sterilization Date and Expiry Date Accordingly
8. Instruments Sets Pack are Sterilized
9. Keep Sterilized Instrument Sets Linen Packs in Sterile Storage Area
10. Issue Sterile Instruments Sets & Linen Packs to units