The Tabba Heart Institute Clinical Laboratory is committed to providing high standard of diagnostic services to the hospital and community at large, through inpatient, outpatient and outreach modalities.
The Clinical Laboratory department is multi-sectional and performs various routine and specialized diagnostic testing on in-patients and out-patients of all ages, for both male and female.
Quality Control & Quality Assurance:
All the services provided in the laboratory are subjected to Internal Quality Control and Proficiency Testing (External Quality Assurance by CAP – College of American Pathologists, RIQAS – Randox International Quality Assessment Scheme, and NEQAPP – National External Quality Assurance Program of Pakistan) to provide clinicians and clients with accurate and precise results. Quality Improvement Coordination Committee meeting is held on defined frequency to evaluate the performance of Lab.
The Department works under the medical directorship of the Medical Director and is under the administrative/technical leadership of the Manager/Clinical pathologist.
The department consists of a fully functional Clinical Pathology sections that include:
- Transfusion Medicine (Blood Bank)
- Clinical Microscopy
Clinical Chemistry Analyzers:
COBAS 6000 has two parts: C 501 for Routine chemistry and E 601 for Immunoassay.
- Routine Chemistry Tests Are Also Carried Out On Cobas C 311auto Analyzers
- Special Chemistry Tests/Immunoassays Are Performed Using Architect I2000 Series (Abbott) (Chemiluminescence), D-10 (Bio Rad) Hemoglobin Testing Systems Especially For Hba1c, Elecys E411 (Electrochemiluminescence).
- Screening Parameters Include: Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Hiv, Vdrl, Malaria
- Nova Phox Plus for Abgs
- Nova Crd4 for Electrolytes.
- Stat Fax Photometer
- Eliza Plate Reader
- Nicocard for Microalbumin